Happy National S'mores Day!

Photo by Vancity Bride

August 10th is National S'mores Day!

Did you even know there was such a thing? I didn't until I started making gourmet s'mores kits and researching all things s'mores.

A little s'mores history for you:

The Girl Scouts of America are who you can thank for inventing this campfire treat. Back in 1927, the "recipe" was first published in "Tramping and Trailing with the Girl Scouts" and the name is the contraction of "Some More" please. (I tested this theory by trying to say Some More please with a s'more in my mouth and indeed, it comes out sounding like s'more. Because let's face it, you pop one into your mouth and are already thinking of the next one!)

As soon as I started a marshmallow company I started making gourmet s'mores kits to sell. I handcraft graham crackers and smother them in dark chocolate. Add to that a gourmet marshmallow in one of my classic or seasonal flavors and you have a s'more experience like nothing else.

My marshmallows can be roasted, broiled or warmed in the microwave, making s'mores more accessible (say THAT 5 times)- no campfire required.

And who said s'mores have to be square? I now sell themed gourmet s'mores kits- ready to enjoy at home, on the trails, or give to a friend. (pictured above is the Gone Fishin' kit- fish and dragonfly cookies with skewered marshmallows ready to roast) New themes coming for fall!

So celebrate National S'mores Day and buy a gourmet s'mores kit from Kimberley's Kitchen.

S'mores Special

Buy a 4 pack of Traditional or Gone Fishin' Gourmet S'mores
and receive Bonus Marshmallows!

Gourmet S'mores Kit $10
with your choice of flavor:

Vanilla Bean
Cocoa
Espresso
Chai
Peach
Lemon
Key Lime


Thanks! ~Kimberley




-s'mores history from Wikipedia-



Comments

Popular Posts