Love what you do~

photo by Magna Vita Photography

Truth be told, I am not one to celebrate Valentine's Day. In fact, I told my husband years ago that we could skip it and simply celebrate "us" on our anniversary. But two years ago, when our daughter was at preschool, I suggested that we start celebrating it for the kids. He was delighted to learn that this meant cupcakes, cookies and treats to eat.

Now that I am in the candy business, I can't really get away from Valentine's Day. In fact, I love that I am providing a handmade, quality gift for people over the mass-produced, store-bought "candy" that fills the aisles of the stores around this time.

A friend at work placed an order to give to her children- marshmallow and custom cookie pops, bags of marshmallow hearts- and I thought about how nice it is for those kids to receive real treats, made with {real} love.

If you do intend to show someone your love tomorrow, think of purchasing or making something with value. With meaning. Something real. Flowers are nice. And so are chocolates. But what about something handmade by a local artist or bakery? Or even better, how about giving your time? A homemade meal? Or offer to send your wife to the salon for a pedicure? (ahem)

I know what I will be doing. Making marshmallows. Because I can't take a day off from that. But that's okay. Because I really do love what I do.

~Kimberley

Comments

Popular Posts