Dad's Peanut Brittle

Magna Vita Photography
I have memories of my Dad going into the kitchen, only to return about a half hour later with a bowl of perfectly salty and sweet peanut brittle. My Dad loved making candy and he was a natural. I have told many stories here about his caramel corn and candy-making. He never made marshmallows, but he loved eating my homemade marshmallows. Rocky Road was his favorite.

I started making my Classic Peanut Brittle right from the early beginnings of Kimberley's Kitchen. I intended to have it just for Christmas and Father's Day. But it was so popular that I had to keep it on my menu year-round. And the flavor variations of the nut brittle recipe have also been very popular.

My Dad would not enjoy the Habanero Peanut Brittle or Chai Almond Brittle, but he did love the Pumpkin Spice Brittle (and apparently so do you! It was a top seller this Fall and Holiday season!) I have other variations too, that I think he would approve of: Bacon Pecan Brittle, Espresso Almond Brittle, and Cardamon Almond Brittle. There are more flavors coming every season and you can always buy a box or it will be one of the featured confections in my seasonal Confection Collections.


In honor of my Dad, the classic flavor will now be known as Dad's Peanut Brittle. He really is the reason I have a small business. I will write another post all about it. In the meantime, enjoy one of my most popular confections. The simplicity is wonderful- butter, sugar, peanuts. Delicious.

~Kimberley

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts