Spring is around the corner (I hope!)

We had a glimpse of spring the other day. We had perfect, deep powdery snow everywhere, but the air had a hint of spring in it. The sun has been shining a lot lately (making the snow and ice more bearable) and every now and then we crack open the windows and anticipate our spring.

Spring arrives relatively late here in the Bulkley Valley. Last year we had snow on April 30th. I know this because I had family visiting and we laughed at the snow falling outside. But life turns quickly here and early May brings fishing and even camping.

I love living in a place with four distinct seasons. There is a true changeover in wardrobe and linens and we always have something to look forward to. Just as I am waiting for spring now, in August you will read about my longing for fall. 

This spring will also, hopefully, bring personal progress. As many of you know, I am being treated for a head injury. It seems to have been going on forever, and I literally lose track of time. But I remain hopeful and determined to feel a little less crazy soon. Months ago, in the midst of severe symptoms, I joked that I was losing my mind. In fact, that isn't far from the truth. I know that I will fully recover but in the process, it can be pretty astonishing to watch myself not have a well-functioning brain. I don't always catch it (using the wrong words, unable to put a sentence together, complete confusion with numbers, memory loss) but when I do realize a mistake or lapse, it is frustrating and overwhelming. (Case in point, I have been working on this blog post for months).

For my Facebook fans, or Instagram and Twitter followers, you have seen a glimpse of my daily life. A lot of baking. And enjoying my daughters. 

Thanks for your continued support and encouragement. May spring bring you much joy.

~Kimberley


Comments

Popular Posts